The Ryujin brand of Japanese sword is the perfect choice for advanced students of the Japanese swordsmanship and suitable for the Iaito practioner (sword drawing techniques).
This classic Shinogi Zukuri style, the most common shape of the Japanese sword that is seen today first appears during the mid-Kamakura. These blades are somewhat shorter than those of earlier times, with less taper, less sori and chu-kissaki (medium size points).
The sword mounting finished in a higo style theme with a tapered handle and rounded kashira. The Higo style kashira has found a popular audience with today's Iaido practitioner’s because of its elegant style and its comfortable practicality. The wrapping is done in hineri maki style of synthetic silk over brass menuki. That in combination with the 1045 steel tsuba and steel higo fuchi and kashira assures that you will get the best of both appearance and functionality.
The 65Mn Spring Steel blade is very solid and it has got through differential harden process. The hamon pattern is done in the same process as the traditional Shinsakuto of Japan, the blades are clayed to protect the edge and mune (spine) then quenched in water to temper the sword.
This is Ryujin Customized sword based on the handforged shinogi zukuri style blade without Bohi (Blood Groove). Blade length is 27" (Nagasa). Handle length is 11". There are 9 Tsuba, 9 saya and 7 Tsuka available in the drop down list. If you like other styles which are not in the drop down list, just pick one from the drop down list and put in your request in the text box. We will confirm with you later through email.
* The following Tsuba (hand guard) have gold plated versions and it costs $45 to upgrade.
T93101-1, T930102-1, T910103-1, T930104-1, T930105-1, T930106-1, T930107-1, T930108-1, T930109-1, T930110-1, T930112-1, T930114-1, T930116-1, T930200, T930117-1.
* Default handle is blacken fuchi kashira in higo style. If you want the antique chrome color fittings, please put in your request in the text box.
Lead time for assembling the custom sword is about 3-5 business days.
- Overall Length: 39.5 "
- Nagasa Length: 27"/ 27.75" with habaki
- Tsuka Length: 11" / 11.5" with Kashira. Tsuka is wrapped with real rayskin
- Point of Balance: 5.5 "
- Sori: 0.6"
- Weight W/O Saya: 2 lb 6.4 oz
- Tsuba Material: Blackened 1045 Steel
- Blade: Un-Sharpened / Blunt Tip
- Blade Material: 65Mn Spring Steel
- Ha HRC 55 (Edge harness)
- Mune HRC 40 ( Back and core hardness)
- Ito: Black Cotton
- Sageo: Thick Black Chemical Fiber
- Fittings: Blackened Metal
- Mekugi: Double Pinned Bamboo
- Condition: Brand New
- Includes certificate and cotton sword bag.