Iaito Unsharpen Blade Training Katana Practice Samurai Sword for Iaido
- 5.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
- Overall Length:39"
- Blade Length:28"
- Blade Material:High Carbon Steel
- Tsuka Length:10.75"
- Saya Material:Wood
- Condition:Brand New
- Tsuka Material:Imitation Ray Skin
This is the Iaito version of the Practical Katana. The sword has been created with the same exceptional quality as its predecessor but with an un edged Ha. The Iaito is the best and safest way to practice the Japanese sword arts. With a feel that is identical to a live blade. It's more durable than aluminum alloy Iaito.
This practice sword is the ideal training tools for safely practicing the ancient art of Iaido.
Attributes of the Sword:
- Blade: The blade of the steel has been hand crafted from high carbon steel. The carbon has been hand hammered throughout the blade to give the blade a consistent hardness. A Bo-Hi has been added to the top of the blade to better balance the blade and give audible feedback when the sword is swung. An aesthetic Hamon runs the length of the blade ending at the blade's Kissake. The blade is full tang and comes unsharpened.
- Saya: The Saya of the sword is constructed of wood with a dull black finish. A black cotton Sage-o has been tied around a bright copper Kurigata. The Koi-guchi has been made into a hardened ring around the Saya to safely secure the blade when sheathed.
- Tsuba: The Habaki is a solid one piece brass construction over a copper Seppa. The Tsuba has been constructed from blackened steel alloy in the classic spoke wheel design .
- Tsuka: The Fuchi is blackened steel. Two pieces of wood cover the tang of the blade with a ray skin Same and black cotton Ito. Blackened steel Menuki decorate each side of the handle, styled like dragons. Two Bamboo Mekugi secure the tang in the Tsuka. The Kashira is blackened steel.
I made sure I read reviews before ordering. I didn't have a problem with anything on this Iaito beig loose. Fit well in the tsuba, tight. Nothing seemed loose at all. REALLY good weight to it. Felt like a workout when I was done. Bought the matching Wakizashi to form a Daisho. Blade seemed well balanced to me - essential since Iaido the first cut is usually one handed. Recommending this to friends.
Shipping & Returns
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.