The Chinese sword is as much a piece of art as the Japanese Katana. However, the Chinese sword never found the acclaim of the Japanese sword. This is especially interesting due to the fact that records of sword production date back to the 4th century and most major conflicts of the sword era were won by hand to hand combat. This Tai Chi sword is stainless steel with a mirrored polished finish. The sword is more rigid than a spring steel blade, but don't let that dissuade you. The sword is very firm in the handling but still has a great range of flexibility. The sword is perfect for all occasions: practice, training, decoration, and competition.
- Blade: The blade of the sword is 440 stainless steel with an unsharpened edge and sharp point. The steel of the blade is mirrored finished with a ridge down the center of the blade.
- Scabbard: The scabbard of the sword is wooden with a red shiny gloss finish. The drag of the sword is mirrored steel along with the scabbard throat. The carrying strap is white nylon in a complex braid.
- Guard: The guard of the sword is very traditional with a cut out design and a yin/yang symbol on each side. The guard fits snugly over the scabbard throat.
- Handle: The handle of the sword is a composite black rubber with a steel fitting connecting the guard. The pommel of the sword is steel with an elegant arch, capstan rivet and white nylon tassel.
- Overall Length: 41.25"
- Scabbard Length: 34.75"
- Blade Length: 28.5"
- Handle Length: 6.5 "
- Blade Width: 1.125 "
- Point of Balance: 5.25" from guard-
Shipping & Returns
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.