This is the Defcon TX020PRO Proelia Drop Point Ball Bearing Liner Lock Tactical Folding Knife with the G10 Handle and the D2 Steel Blade.
The heavy-duty knife features a robust D2 tool grade air hardened steel drop point blade designed with a weight saving full grind on both sides and over-sized ambidextrous thumb studs and flipper.
The blade is hollow ground with a very sharp edge. The handle itself is made out of thick G10 3D machined scales with stainless steel liner lock and lanyard hole. This knife is not spring assisted but instead uses manual action where the blade can be deployed by using the flipper lever or thumb studs. This knife opens very smoothly thanks to the KVT ball-bearing opening system.
The knife also features a full-length black G10 backspacer as well as a right hand only stainless steel skeletonized pocket clip which allows for tip up carry on this particular model.
It is packaged in a nice foam cutout gift display box and comes with a warranty certificate and warranty card, L wrench, extra pocket clip and screws, and heavy duty nylon belt mounted pouch.
These knives come in a variety of blade finishes and handle colors.
Please refer to the chart below to verify that we carry the finish/color combination that you wish to order.
Matte Black Finish: Black, Red, Brown, Blue, and Green handles
Black Stonewash: Black, Red, Brown, Blue, and Green handles
Blade Silver Finish: Black, Red, Brown, Blue, and Green handles
Silver Stonewash: Black and Red handles only.
Please note that the Silver Stonewash blades do not come with the Brown, Blue, or Green handles.
D2 steel is one of the most outstanding knife steels available today. It is a high carbon, high chrome tool steel which is often used for the steel cutting dies in tool and die shops. With 1.5% Carbon, 1% Molybdenum, 12% Chrome, and 1% Vanadium, this air hardening steel (at 60-61Rc.) takes a razor edge, and holds it! 2. Each blades 5 step heat treatment results in more toughness with same hardness.
- a. Relieve stress
- b. Pre-heat / Austenitized
- c. 1st Reheat
- d. Sub-zero
- e. 2nd Reheat
3. Each knifes liner lock is put through a carbidizing process that hardens the edge before we assemble each knife.
4. Proelia Knives open and close very easily using a ball bearing system. It is not spring assisted, its manually opened, and is very easy to use.
5. The handle is wrapped in 3-D machined G10. It is light weight, very tough and grippy. G10 has excellent dielectric loss properties, and great electrical strength.
6. Proelia knives are easy to maintain by the end user, accessories are included, and we offer limited life time warranty.
Opened Length: 8.75"
Blade Length: 3.75"
Handle Length: 5"
Material: D2 Steel, G10
Condition: Brand New