24" Blade Length Aluminum Iaito Unsharpen Training Junior Size Katana Practice Samurai Sword
- 4.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
If one wishes to pursue study of Japanese sword arts, one must first acquire a good beginner’s sword. In iaido specifically, beginners all start with iaito, or unsharpened swords. This allows practitioners to practice with what is, for all intents and purposes, a real sword, and helps get them used to weight, balance, safety and maintenance procedures without the danger element a sharpened blade brings. It is always best to start with a light iaito and work up to heavier swords as muscle tone and skill level increase.
This is our Junior Edition Aluminum Iaito. The iaito is perfect for youths and smaller practitioners. It is very light and fast, aiding in proper technique application. It features a prominent bohi which offers an audible whistle when edge alignment is correct. It’s also aesthetically pleasing with a lovely etched hamon, sukashi tsuba, real ray skin and cotton ito.
This sword comes with a FREE black sword bag.
- Blade: The blade is made of incredibly light aluminum alloy and features a beautiful aesthetic hamon. It also features a bohi which provides audible feedback when the sword is swung to ensure good edge alignment. The kissaki is a chu, or medium length. The blade is unsharpened for safe swordsmanship practice. The kissaki is a chu, or medium length.
- Saya: The saya is lacquered an elegant black and features a brass-fitted kurigata and cotton sageo.
- Tsuka: The Tsuba is blackened Iron in an elegant sukashi style. The Tsuka features a double pinned Mekugi and a brass flower Menuki. The Same (ray skin) is crisp white, with black cotton Ito Tsukamaki.
- Overall Length: 33.5 "
- Blade: Unsharpened
- Nagasa Length: 22.75 " Blade Length (including habaki): 24 "
- Blade Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Tsuka Length: 9.35 "
- Hamon: Aesthetic
- Weight W/O Saya: 1.2 Lb
- Balance Point: 3.5 " from Tsuba
- Tsuba Material: Iron
- Ito & Sageo Material: Cotton
- Fuchi Kashira Material: Iron & Brass
- Mekugi: Double Pin
- Condition: Brand New
- Manufacturer: Munetoshi
Shipping & Returns
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.